Eterna Battery Replacement Service
Like most competitors, we are unable to include batteries in extended warranties, but do feel it’s unfair & not environmentally friendly that good fittings become redundant due to the battery reaching the end of its life.
We would firstly suggest that you follow our maintenance guidance (see below) on emergency products to maximise battery life, but would also like to offer the reassurance of a battery replacement service to support our current EternaPro emergency product offer – we will try to help with legacy product but cannot guarantee availability.
Please note that in the unlikely event your new fitting is supplied with a faulty battery, we will replace the battery free of charge subject to our terms and conditions.
This is a service offer and therefore the prices have accordingly been set at a reasonable level – purchases are subject to our standard order terms – the table below details pricing and a key to the available batteries
WE ONLY RECOMMEND ETERNA REPLACEMENT BATTERIES WITH ETERNA EMERGENCY PRODUCTS
|Code||Battery Description||Eterna Product Code||Trade Price|
|EB1||Ni-Cd 3.6V 1500mAh Stick Battery||EMLED3M / NM||£5.65|
|EB2||Ni-Cd 3.6V 2000mAh Stick Battery||LDLEM3, ELEGAN5EM3, LBAT Range||£6.80|
|EB3||Ni-Cd 3.6V 6Ah Side-by-side Battery||LEDTWNSPOT||£18.45|
|EB4||Ni-Cd 3.6V 1500mAh Side-by-side Battery||EXIT3MLED / LEDREM3||£5.88|
|EB5||Ni-Cd 3.6V 4.5Ah Stick Battery||EBPM3||£13.63|
|EB6||Ni-Cd 3.6V 1300mAh Stick Battery||SLIMBHEM3M||£5.43|
|EB7||Ni-Mh 3.6V 2000mAh Side-by-side Battery||EBLSLIMM||£9.43|
|EB8||Ni-Cd 3.6V 800mAh Side-by-side Battery||SIGNLEDEM3||£3.75|
|EB9||Ni-Cd 4.8V 600mAh Side-by-side Battery||LEDMDDEM3||£3.88|
|EB10||Ni-Cd 6V 2000mAh Side-by-side Battery||WPLED Range||£17.85|
|Li-Ion 3.2V 1500mAh Stick Battery||CSLED, Aluminium, CIRPRIS, CIROPAL, SQPRIS, SQOPAL Range||£5.28|
IMPORTANT OPERATIONAL CHECKS TO KEEP YOUR FITTING WORKING:
Periodic testing should be carried out to ensure emergency lighting is operating correctly. For the period of the test, isolate the power supply by operation of a key switch, or other isolation device. At the end of the test, power should be restored and all indicator lamps checked.
- DAILY: Visual inspection of the battery charge LED.
- EACH MONTH: Isolate the power supply for a period sufficient to ensure that each lamp is illuminated. Endorse the test record form supplied.
- ONCE EACH YEAR: Isolate the power supply and check that the light is still illuminated after 3 hours. Endorse the test record form.
If after routine operation check, the lamp does not remain lit for the three hour period, a new battery pack may be required.
- Switch off the electricity at the mains, both switched and permanent supply.
- Allow batteries to fully discharge then reconnect to supply and allow to charge for 24 hours.
- Test again for 3 hours, if light does not remain lit change the battery pack.
- Check install guides for procedure on changing the battery.