EMERGENCY LIGHTING SELF-TEST GUIDE
The current regulations dictate mandatory periodic testing requirements for Emergency Lighting to ensure correct operation in the event of a mains failure. This includes a requirement for a monthly functional test and an annual full duration test.
TYPICALLY THIS IS A MANUAL TEST CARRIED OUT BY TRAINED RESPONSIBLE PERSONNEL INVOLVING:
- Interrupting mains supply to the lights
- Visually checking each individual light, ensuring it is operating in emergency mode and meeting the rated duration
- Restoring mains supply and checking the lights are charging
- Recording results in a log book
Whilst this testing is not particularly complicated, it is labour intensive, time consuming and costly. Furthermore, compliance is reliant on the responsible person correctly understanding and carrying out all required actions – without this regular testing and maintenance a building may be left in the dark in an emergency.
Eterna Lighting is proud to launch the EternaPro Self-Test Emergency Lighting Range. All our products perform all mandatory testing automatically, removing the need for the user or building owner to perform manual testing. Monthly functional tests and annual full duration tests are automatically initiated with results shown via an LED indicator on the light.
The responsible person need only check the status of the LED indicator and record the results in the log book. Not only is this a far less time-consuming and lower-cost operation than with manual testing, it also ensures that maintenance personnel are only required to attend to lights with reported faults. Where a fault is identified the LED indicator will report what is at fault and continue to report this until the fault has been rectified.
All Eterna Lightings Self-Test products have been independently tested by TUV to ensure these are designed and manufactured to conduct Self-Testing in accordance with EN 62034, which specifies the performance and safety requirements for products and components incorporated into automatic test systems for emergency escape lighting.
THE BENEFITS OF ETERNA’S SELF-TEST EMERGENCY LIGHTING ARE MANIFOLD:
- More effective and reliable than manual testing
- Easy to install
- Saves time and money
- Testing causes no disruption to the normal operation of the building
- Staggered tests mean all areas are protected in the event of a power failure
How does the Eterna Self-Test system work?
- On installation, the internal clock will assign a date for the monthly and annual test – the installer does not need to set anything up!
- The initial monthly test will occur between 16 and 30 days of installation. Subsequent monthly tests will occur every 30 days.
- The initial full test will occur between 200 and 360 days from installation. Subsequent annual tests will occur every 360 days.
When it comes to Self-Test emergency:
Stay Safe • Save Time • Specify Eterna
|Self-Test Products Available From Eterna Lighting|
|SEEBPM3||Self-Test Emergency Battery Pack|
|SEMEM3||Self-Test LED Li-Ion Maintained Emergency Bulkhead|
|SEEXIT3ML||Self-Test LED Emergency Exit Box Sign|
|SELDLEM3||Self-Test LED Non Maintained Emergency Downlight|
|SELMDDEM3||Self-Test LED Maintained Recessed Fitting With Edge Lit Panel & Diffuser|
|SELTWNSPOT||Self-Test LED IP65 Emergecny Twinspot|
|SESMDLEM3||Self-Test LED Surface Mount Emergency Downlight|
|SESIGNLEM3||Self-Test LED Emergency Hanging Exit Sign Light|
|SELB4FTEM3||Self-Test 4ft LED Emergency Batten|
|SELB5FTEM3||Self-Test 5ft LED Emergency Batten|
|SELB6FTEM3||Self-Test 6ft LED Emergency Batten|
|SELB5HOEM3||Self-Test 5ft LED High Output Emergency Batten|
|SELB6HOEM3||Self-Test 6ft LED High Output Emergency Batten|